* Airlines sales usually start on Monday and end by Thursday.
* The least expensive flights are on off-peak days like Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday.
* The first flights on Saturday morning may be the cheapest.
* The costliest takeoffs tend to be Sunday afternoon when leisure travelers fly home and Monday morning when business travelers head back to office.
* If you are planning a long week-end away, consider flying out on Saturday and returning on Tuesday. Highest fares are usually for Thursday through Sunday itineraries.