As kids grow, they tend to become more thoughtful about money, and it’s a process to teach them how to save more, shop wisely and earn money through small jobs. Below are 12 ways you as a parent can teach your kids about money as they grow up. Good luck in teaching your kids.
- Expose your kids to life’s realities.
- Tell them the truth. And explain why as a family you are cutting back.
- Explain to them how much things cost.
- Realize that kids learn by what they live.
- Deprogram your kids from keeping up with there peers and teach them how to save money.
- Start an allowance program for your kids.
- Start your children saving and investing early.
- Reduce there exposure to ads and TV time.
- Find entertaining ways to teach them good money habits.
- Teach them how to shop wisely.
- Teach them the right and wrong ways to use a credit or debit card.
- Encourage older kids to get a job.