5 Simple Steps To Make The Earth And Your Wallet That Much Greener
* Tune up regularly – Don’t be slacker when it comes to car maintenance, if you give your car a tune-up every year, change fuel frequently and keep your tires properly inflated, you’ll improve fuel efficiency by seven percent. Think that doesn’t sound like much? If we all followed these rules, we’d save four million barrels of oil everyday!
* Change Your Light Bulbs – Replace incandescent bulbs with fluorescent bulbs to save energy. Fluorescent bulbs use only one third of the energy and incandescent bulb needs to do its job, yet last up to 10 times longer. They also generate very little heat meaning your air conditioning won’t have to work as hard to cool your home.
* Plug Those Leaks – If your toilet is leaking you could be wasting a lot of water at 200 gallons a day! Place a plastic jug filled with water in toilet’s tank. It cuts the amount of water to flushed by about half a gallon because less water in needed to refill the tank after each flush.
* Clean Up With Basics – You’ll be surprised at what baking soda, regular soap, vinegar and a little water can do. I use those four ingredients to clean everything from the kitchen sink to the bathtub.
* Grow Your Own Produce – If you have a green thumb, planting fresh organic vegetables can help you cut grocery costs. Start small, try growing your own herbs which can even be kept indoors as long as they get adequate sunlight and water.