You don’t have to spend a fortune to brighten your rooms.
* Paint and old brass chandelier a funky color. Use regular wall paint in a high gloss finish, not spray paint.
* Update your walls. Stretch fabric on a canvas frame for new art.
* Add candle scones. No wiring required, and they look great.
* Hang a mirror. Position it so it reflects a great view of the outdoors or a part of the room you love.
* Let light work its magic. Lamps with no more than 60 watt bulbs create a warmer setting than an overhead fixture.