1. Don’t smoke and avoid second hand smoke. Tobacco smoke can lead to slew of cancers, it doubles or even quadruples your risk of a heart attack or stroke and raises your odds of dying from lung disease 13 fold. Regularly breathing in secondhand smoke ups heart disease risk 30 percent and lung cancer 25 percent.
2. Make time to play. People who work long hours are more likely develop high blood pressure. In one study, the risk of fatal heart attack was nearly three times higher for those who didn’t get real breather from work related fatigue and stress over the weekend.
3. Don’t eat fried foods or drink soda. Having lots of fast food and soda(even diet)
raises your odds for gaining weight and may lead to a condition called chronic inflammation that causes your entire body to age.
4. Always wear sunglasses and hat outdoors. Protecting your eyes from the sun’s ultraviolet ray cut your risk of vision-robbing cataracts and age related macular degeneration a leading cause of blindness by at least 45 percent.
5. Get important health screenings on time. Getting checked for high cholesterol, high blood pressure, high blood sugar and cancers of the breast, cervix and colon can help catch these conditions in their earliest most treatable stages.
I don’t smoke I don’t drink I play a lot I wear sunglasses I don’t usually eat fried food…
But I don’t go for body checkup 🙁
Hepi Nu Year!! from Funny Humor blog.
Lutein and Zeaxanthin are two carotenoids found in both the retina and lens of the eyes that act as both powerful antioxidants, as well as like a having pair of “internal sunglasses” as they help filter UVA/UVB and blue light.
One or both of these nutrients can be found in such foods as green, leafy vegetables, orange and yellow peppers, broccoli, brussel sprouts, corn and eggs.
A number of peer review research studies have shown that supplementing with lutein and zeaxanthin can significantly reduce the changes of getting macular degeneration. Taking fish oil (omega-3 fatty acids) daily is also proving invaluable in helping prevent the onset of Macular Degeneration. These nutrients are also essential to take for those with macular degeneration in helping preserve vision as has been shown on the recent AREDS2 study.
For more related research studies, see the “Research” section at Natural Eye Care for Macular Degeneration
i was support to stop smoking program!!
stop smoking or closest to die http://www.annaku.com
Hiya there, got a tag for you: http://madzlifesdiary.blogspot.com/2009/01/fabulous-inspiring-blogger-and-you-make.html
God bless, take care…