* Eat A High Fiber Meal – having raisins, whole wheat toast, oatmeal, bran cereal or bran muffin will keep you regular daily.
* Avoid The Couch Trap – prolonged inactivity makes the colon sluggish, walking and other physical activities have the opposite effect.
* Don’t Forget Water – the more caffeine-free liquids you drink, the easier it will be for your body to keep things moving through your digestive tract.
* Fill Up On Fruits And Vegetables – aim to eat 4 1/2 cups a day of high fiber foods. Especially good choices, apples, berries, pears, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, carrots and peas.
* Don’t Hold Back – go to the bathroom as soon as you feel the urge.
* Open Your Medicine Cabinet – antacids, blood pressure medicines, iron supplements and antidepressants drugs sometimes cause constipation. Talk to your doctor.