Food preservation is good and I love this canning idea. For those of us that doesn’t know how to can peaches here’s the details and information how to do the canning.
Recipe To Canned Peaches
6 one –quart canning jars with rings and self-sealing lids
11 pounds of ripe peaces
1 package of ascorbic or citric acid
2 quarts unsweetened apple or white grape juice
- Sterilize canning jars and rings by simmering them in hot water for at least 10 minutes until ready to use. Have the lids nearby.
- In another saucepan, dip fruit in boiling water for 30 to 60 seconds until skins loosen. Dip quickly in cold water and slip off skins. Cut in half, remove pits and slice. Mix ascorbic or citric acid with water and mix according to the package directions and coat peaches to prevent darkening.
- Pack peaches slices in jars, almost to the top.
- Bring the apple or white-grape juice to boil and ladle it over the peaches, leaving ½ inch of head space.
- Adjust lids and process in a boiling-water canner, with jars covered by 2 inches of boiling water, for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove jars from canner and allow cooling for 12 hours.
- Unscrew metal rings to make sure lids are sealed. And each lid should be intended in the center. Store this in a cool, dry, dark place for no longer than one year.